Role Title: Social Media Manager
The Role Includes:
As Social Media Manager, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to cultivate our community across social media platforms and grow its national and global presence significantly. You’ll lead all day-to-day operations for our social platforms, and you’ll have a strong role in shaping our strategy and voice for our existing and new audience.
We’re a tiny team at a fast-paced company, so we wear a lot of different hats and experiment constantly. You’ll fit in if you love taking on new challenges; feel comfortable taking risks; adapt quickly when things don’t work; take ownership with confidence, and manage your time effectively.
- Manage day-to-day operations for TEDxGateway’s Social Media pages and handles, including content planning, video content, copywriting, and posting.
- Co-Ordinating with the concerned team members to ensure that the required creatives/ videos are created on time.
- Develop a distinctive TEDxGateway voice that is appropriate for the audience.
- Help with social content strategy for the audience and recommend content that will resonate with that audience.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must.
- Manage and grow TEDxGateway’s popularity across social media platforms.
- Collaborate with the curation/editorial and social video teams to optimise content.
- A love and respect for data and analytics, reporting and insights.
- TEDxGateway Salons are smaller, informal gatherings to engage TEDx community in between TEDxGateway conferences. You will need to assist in putting together and executing these Salons in addition to helping cover them on social media.
- Team-work is an important part of the job role. You will need to collaborate effectively with other team members.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation in Mass Media / Any Certificate course in Social Media management
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in social media management, community building
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills are essential
- Passion for TED’s mission and what it can offer an audience
- Image and video editing skills are a plus.
- Passionate Under- Graduates can apply.
- All work opportunities are full time long term only.
- Working Day/Timing: Monday – Friday / 10am to 7pm | Except closer to the event – work on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Work from office in Lower Parel, Mumbai.
- Graduates / Post Graduates preferred. Only dedicated and passionate under-graduates encouraged.
- Interview compulsory for selection.
- Must know how to operate Mac operating system.
How to Apply
- Carefully go through the TEDxGateway website and the TED website. and watch the TEDxGateway 2018 Recap video on the page before you come for the interview. The first round will be based on these three things.
- Fill the form below.