Role Title: Speaker Coordinator| 0-3 years experience.
Position Overview: We’re looking for graduates/post-graduates for a full-time position for the role of a speaker coordinator for the Research and Curation Team. You need to love research and writing and feel a
personal stake in the future of science, design, technology, politics, philosophy, art, and/or pop
culture and demonstrate bona fides in one or two of those fields. You will be laising with
speakers and the team to build impactful talk that bring ideas to life.
You will be responsible for researching and reaching out to people with great ideas from across the world. Being a part of this team is an opportunity to meet and closely interact with some of the most dynamic change makers in the world and help them build the talk of their lives.
You will be carrying forward the legacy of a team that has curated TEDxGateway talks for speakers like Sonam Wangchuk, Sudharak Olwe, Sparsh Shah, which have garnered millions of views on YouTube alone.
The Role Includes:
- Research & Pitching talks and ideas on a diverse range of topics to editors and curators.
- Identifying trends and categories that allow us to strategically package talks or ideas for TED editorial channels and social media.
- Working directly with Speakers and the Core Content team for the conference.
- Research, pitch and discuss ideas for all TEDxGateway events to the team
- Report to the curator, during every step of the research, curation and coordination
- Work with speakers to help them present the most interesting ideas and draft their talk
- Act as a point of contact with TEDxGateway’s speakers and help them in drafting,
presenting their talk and with any logistical need
- Work with the curator to make sure that TEDxGateway programs are consistently
fascinating and have a strong content line-up
- Work with speakers to ensure they deliver their talks for all TEDxGateway salons, sessions,
and other TEDxGateway-related events
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
Qualification & Skills
- Must be a graduate/post-graduate with relevant work experience
- Must have a strong critical eye, express views and opinions that could lead to action,
express ideas clearly and concisely through writing and build an impactful talk.
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills.
- Must be curious, creative, collaborative, and personable
- All work opportunities are short term (min 6 months)/ full time long term.
- Working Day/Timing: Monday – Saturday / 10am to 7pm | Except closer to event – work on Sundays.
- Work from office in Lower Parel, Mumbai.
- People completing their tenure will receive a globally recognised TEDx certificate.
How to Apply
- Carefully go through www.ted.com | www.tedxgateway.com | Watch Chris Anderson’s Talk before you come for the interview. The first round will be based on these three things.
- Watch any 1 of the following TEDxGateway talks (Capt. Raghu Raman | Hans Dalal | Chetna Gala Sinha | Ishita Katyal)
- Write a short synopsis on the talk
- Name 3 resource sites that you would use to discover TED worthy ideas
- Please add the above in a word doc and upload it along with your CV
- Fill the form below.