UnPlugged by TEDxGateway is our first ever idea camp & open-mic.
We believe that brilliant ideas, stories and inspiration are every where, just waiting to be discovered. We are building a community first platform for finding great ideas and story tellers here in Mumbai!
The Unplugged Format:
UnPlugged is a freestyle attendee driven, idea camp hosted by TEDxGateway, with no set agenda, except finding undiscovered ideas and untold stories! Idea-hop between our multiple speaker sessions spread across multiple class rooms, throughout the day.
When: Saturday, 03 November 2018 | 10am onwards
Where: ISME Tower, One Indiabulls Center, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
What: Informal talks, sessions & open-mic
Apply to Speak or Attend here:
You can apply to speak for a 10 minutes speaker slot or attend someone else’s unplugged talk at the same venue. The event is open for anyone to participate and share their ideas or listen to other speakers!
Things Speakers need to know:
- Speaker registrations are open and you can register to be a speaker via the form here. (Filling the speaker form DOES NOT confirm you being a speaker).
- You can select the topic for your UnPlugged talk from the TED website.
- All shortlisted speakers will be informed via email but, will have to personally confirm the time and speaker slot at the venue on the event day.
- Speaker time slots are available on first come first serve basis.
- The speaker time slot registrations at venue: 9 am to 10 am
- Session timings: 10 am to 5 pm.
- Lunch break: from 1 pm to 2 pm.
- A list of available 10-minute time slots will be displayed on a common board.
- You have to post your name and core idea/topic against the time slot you would like to block and be in the correct room at the given time!
- As a speaker please ensure that your talk is factored in for 10 minutes or less.
- Once the alarm rings at the 10-minutes mark, the audience will ask you to end your session.
- You can always continue talking about it along with the interested folks in the common spaces around the venue during the break!
What to expect?
Expect it to be a great day with lots of fun, learning, entertainment, eye-opening talks and some real motivation.
This is not a corporate or business event. Attendees are just passionate about ideas, stories, great conversations and of course, most importantly – having a great time! So be prepared for anything and everything – questions, statements, people walking in and out while you speak – there are no set rules. It’s like getting together with a group of friends and having great conversations!
UnPlugged by TEDxGateway is a community-led event and there are no fees/honorarium for being a speaker or for being an attendee.
UnPlugged by TEDxGateway is not a platform or a community to talk, advertise or sell your products, services or any other such offerings. Since this is a free format, please do not take up a speaker slot to promote anything.
The community has a great sense while judging what is being told to them and if they see an attempt to sell them anything they might choose to leave your session midway.
For example, taking a crash course in how to do social media right is a great idea but talking about your social media company and the services you provide, is not.
- UnPlugged by TEDxGateway is a pre-event to the main conference which is scheduled on 2nd December 2018.
- UnPlugged by TEDxGateway talks are not TEDxGateway talks